Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

User inputs Updating WHERE clause in Dynamic Input

Krsto7
5 - Atom

Hi All, 

Very new to alteryx and have a question. I am creating analytic app and have run into an issue. I would like to take user input data from two Text Boxes that will modify a SQL query within a Dynamic input. This query will allow for user to select either a Company ID or Account ID.  Currently I have the text boxes connected to action tools that will update a text input tool based on user input. That will then be passed to the Dynamic Input tool. At the moment it seems really easy to just have the where condition updated with the Dynamic Input SQL modify feature based on user input, but it only works when both IDs are entered. How would I go about allowing users to only have to enter a Company ID and still get data? 

1 REPLY 1
_Angus_Birnie
5 - Atom

assuming i have understood correctly. I would suggest having a drop down interface tool that has 2 options; account_id or company_id which is selected by the user and then a text input for them to enter the id

In the where clause in the sql query you can then use the same line to use both solutions

where company_account_id = input_id      ---- the drop down tool replaces the company_account_id and the text tool replaces the input_id

Labels