Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

User Input Analytic App

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Which interface tool would I use to create by user inputting an account # and where would I put it like which tool? Any examples or videos?

I can do the drop down and text box tools, but that doesnt allow to enter an account #

thanks

20 REPLIES 20
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Hi2023 The Text Box tool should allow the user to enter the account number. Attaching a sample for your referece

binuacs_0-1675701137375.png

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

It wont open due to newer version :/

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

Can I use this tool over a union bc I am joining files at the beginning of my workflow. Also, how do I configure it to select the column account#?

thanks

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Hi2023 The below post explains how to open the newer version of workflow in your version

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Making-Workflows-Apps-amp-Macros-Backwards-Compatible/...

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Hi2023 When use enter the account number then what is the next action, are the records filtered out based on the Account Number or the Account number is going to save some where?

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

no, the account # is my unique identifier but I have merged several tabs from excel reports then unioned them all together then I want to add the text box there depending on the account# they want to run

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Hi2023 So basically the user wants to see only their account# details? in that case, after the union tool, you might be using a filter tool for the account#?

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

I cant because there is TOO many accounts

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Hi2023 Sorry I am still trying to understand your requirement. When the user enter the account# in the text box tool what happens next? 

Labels