Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Update values in multiple formula expressions using Action Tool

tlewis
7 - Meteor

I have a process that uses a drop down tool with an action tool that is intended to update a specific value within each of my formulas in a formula tool. It only updates the last formula expression with the input value. How can I update all formula expressions with the update value?

In the attached picture I show how the final formula expression was updated correctly to replace 2013 with 2014 but the previous formula expression did not get updated and is still incorrectly showing 2013

1 REPLY 1
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @tlewis if you are using the update value with the action tool it will be updating a specific string, so hence why are only seeing one formula being updated. You would need an action tool for each formula. An alternative approach that would require one action tool would  be to have a text input with a year field being updated by your dropdown then use an Append Fields tool to append the year to your data and then use that field within your formula. 

Labels