Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Update Record in the Specific column only

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Hello Team,

I have data set in which some customers have incorrect Sales Numbers. In order to update these incorrect sales numbers, I have one Mapping file that has the correct figure for those specific customers. Could everyone help me to design a flow to update those records correctly?

I have attached the sample data.

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @Learner09 :

Attached is an example using the Join Tool. This allows you to join 2 data sets side-by-side based on the specified criteria. It does not appear that your data sets have unique record IDs. The configuration of the Join Tool (shown below), was to Join by Record Position. This requires that the records in both data sets are in the correct order. If they are not, you will get incorrect results. Consider using a unique ID if possible. 

JoinExample.PNG

JoinConfig.PNG

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Learner09 
I though a simpl Join tool would do the job, but it turns out not.
I assume the unique key in your data shall be the combination of "Number", "Name" and "Report Fiscal Month".
The unique Key is not actually unique in your data, say Row1 and Row2, we dont the difference.
I have modify your original data to make them unique.
and also, we usually also union the J and L anchor data back together to make sure no data loss from upstream.

1228-Mayank09.PNG

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Hello @Qiu thank you for the flow, but the Join tool duplicating the records, for example, I am passing through 50lines (total 5 customers) from sales mapping and join passed around 400+ lines for those 5 customers, which incorrect the output data.  

Labels