Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Union Tool Not bringing in data from second data source

gopyle
5 - Atom

I am trying to bring data in from two different data sources.  They have 5 columns in common and then each has other columns that do not pertain to the other.  I am not able to have the data appear in the output from the second input.  I have tried the auto configure by position and the manually configure options.  The data types are the same in both files.  What am I missing?

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

turn off amp. attach a browse. confirm that the data is not there via browse. keep in mind that a union should add additional rows - and you may see one source first - and have to scroll through to find the other. You may also want to union - autoconfig by name - and make sure that output all fields (vs common subset) is toggled. If common subset is toggled perhaps the names are the same but the types are different.

Deano478
12 - Quasar

@gopyle When you union the 2 datasets, only the columns that actually pertain to both datasets will union properly any other fields that are missing will just contain NULL 

Labels