Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to select "Location" when saving to Private Gallery

SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

In attempting to save a workflow to our production server, I am not receiving the option to choose the "Location" from the dropdown. I have an Artisan role with all permissions, so I am not certain what I am doing incorrectly.

SincerieJohnson_0-1640112010820.png

4 REPLIES 4
ConnorK
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SJohnson257 ,

By saving to the default location that you see, the workflow will go to your "Private Studio" in the server. This "Private Studio" is your private folder, and once you post it here you can go to the server webpage (Gallery) and share the workflow out to other users.

I hope this helps!

Connor Kelleher
Senior Sales Engineer
Alteryx
SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ConnorK,

Thank you for responding. This workflow is downloaded from a shared collection on the production server. I am making updates and am trying to upload the updated workflow to that location 

SJohnson0257_0-1640113230889.png

ConnorK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@SJohnson257 ,

Thank you for clarifying. In this case you will want to follow the below steps:

- In Designer select "File">"Open Workflow">[Select your Server]

- In the window that pops up make sure you choose the version of your workflow where the location is the collection you would like to post to

- Once the workflow opens make the edits to the workflow that you need

- When you are finished editing select "File">"Save", and this will make an updated version within the collection (Note: Do not Choose "Save As", since this will change the location back to your private studio)

Best,

Connor Kelleher
Senior Sales Engineer
Alteryx
SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Hi Connor,

Well, that is the very simple reason it isn't working. I am choosing "Save As" rather than "Save."

Labels