Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Unable to open file for read. The file cannot be accessed by the system. (1920) Tool #443

Bkumar
5 - Atom

Hi.,
I'm scheduled the workflow by weekly. The workflow is get completing but we getting this below error  and the output results showing like this.

Tool #443 Record #1: Tool #7: Unable to open file for read D:\Folder\filename.xlsx The file cannot be accessed by the system. (1920) Tool #443

we have Alteryx version  2020.3.4 .

we given full permission for this folder. But still getting this error.

Please advice me on this. 

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Bkumar 
Just in case, the file is not opened by other user?

Bkumar
5 - Atom

Hi Qiu,
Thanks for your response,

No nobody is opened  the file.  

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Bkumar ,

can you export the workflow and share it with us?

screenshot.png

Best regards

Phil

Bkumar
5 - Atom

HI Phil,

Thanks,

Sorry we can't share workflow, this is confidential.

If you have any offline solution to get resolve from my end please share.

Thank in advance.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

The file is most likely locked some "secret" process. So we should check if the file is locked or not.

Here is a batch file you can give a try.Capture101.PNG

Bkumar
5 - Atom

Hi Qiu,
Thanks for your bat file.
we run that "file is not locked" .Here is the output .,

Bkumar_0-1603966580129.png

PetraCap
5 - Atom

Hello, I would like to also open this topic again. I have tried solution above and even when I had opened file I go info about not locked file. But, the worst is, that I was able these 2 files delete, but Alteryx is sending me a message that it is unable to open for read. What can be the reason and how to fix it, please? 

"Error: MacroReadExcels (172): Record #49: Tool #4: Unable to open file for read: ...\Alteryx_Inputs\~$KPI_Execution-excellence_P06.xlsx
" the rest of 46 files is working. And we where not able to reiterate this case :(

Mathompson
5 - Atom

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have read through the comments but don't see a solve.  Can someone please let me know what you did to solve this issue?

Labels