Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to give Table or query in Input data tool while connecting Oracle DB through ODBC

ManasaPrabhu
5 - Atom

I am trying to connect my Oracle DB through ODBC using DSN-less connection.

However, I am getting this error on canvas = "Error Data source name not found and no default driver specified" while trying to input the tablename or query space. I have used the below:

SERVER=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=myHost)(PORT=myPort))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=MyOracleSID)));uid=myUsername;pwd=myPassword.

Request your help on this. While running the flow on gallery, I get the error as "No table chosen; Please select a Table from data source." as I am unable to choose any table or query in the tool because of the above canvas error.

2 REPLIES 2
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ManasaPrabhu 

EDIT: This may also be helpful - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-to-format-common-ODBC-DSN-less-...

At the very end of the string you have used a full stop, replace it with another ; instead like below:

DavidSkaife_0-1672842123689.png

An alternative you could try is:

DavidSkaife_1-1672842187523.png

ManasaPrabhu
5 - Atom

Hi David,

thanks a lot for the reply. it seems my organisation has a set of rules for me to follow based on which the DB connectivity will happen. I am following them now and hopefully this shud fix the issue. Thanks again for the response 

thanks,

Manasa G

Labels