Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Unable to connect to SQL Databases using ODBC Driver 17 on Windows Server 2019 machine.

Mohd-Siddiqui
7 - Meteor

Hi there,

We are trying to connect to SQL databases using Options -.> Advance Options -> Manage Data Connections using ODBC Driver 17.

We have installed Alteryx Designer on Windows Server 2019 machine (Its a Server Machine).

We are getting below mentioned error.

"Error Encountered [08001[[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 18 for SQL Server] ssl provider: the target principle name is incorrect.

Error Encountered [08001[[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 18 for SQL Server] Client unable to establish connection".

Could you please help here.

4 REPLIES 4
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Is the DSN properly setup and are you able to connect to it outside of Alteryx through the ODBC Manager? 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Connect-to-an-ODBC-D...

Mohd-Siddiqui
7 - Meteor

Hi @cjaneczko 

I am able to connect to databases using odbc dsn connection (odbc:DSN=Databasename).

However, I am unable to add Connection strings using Options -.> Advance Options -> Manage Data Connections.

I am getting below stated error.

"Error Encountered [08001[[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 18 for SQL Server] ssl provider: the target principle name is incorrect.

Error Encountered [08001[[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 18 for SQL Server] Client unable to establish connection".

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Is this odbc driver 17 or 18?

Mohd-Siddiqui
7 - Meteor

Hi @apathetichell 

I am using odbc 17 driver, but don't know why it is giving odbc 18 driver error.

Labels