Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

[URGENT] Input data dynamic range with dynamic input

ShantanuDagar
8 - Asteroid

Hey all,

I am trying to input a table as part of 1 sheet through dynamic input tool (as part of a bigger workflow)

It has multiple tables stacked one over other separated by a couple spaces.

Like 1 table starting from 8th row and goes until 110-120 rows or maybe beyond sometimes. Then a blank row. Then a heading for another table. Then the next table starts which goes for more rows. Then a blank row. And so on.

Effectively blank row signifies end of table. I want to import only 1st table which will start from 8th row everytime but end row is not fixed, only blank row can signify that.

How to import it as part of that tool as a template.

I Can import the whole data as it is starting from 8th row and if somehow filter the data after the first blank/null row and before it, it should work. But how to filter that? or any other way?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@ShantanuDagar One option is to identify the NULL value after the first table using multi-row tool and filter out only the first table records Attaching a sample workflow for your reference

binuacs_0-1679919218898.png

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @ShantanuDagar 

Kindly consider the below.

Generate table ID and then use filters if not many tables, else leverage iterative macro to cycle through table ID until done.

I hope you find this helpful - Cheers!

RobertOdera_0-1679924884128.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I'm going with "this sounds like a human generated excel file- have a human created a named range for the first table - input that named range" solution. IE let Excel deal with it's own issues so Alteryx doesn't have to.

Labels