Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Type of Macro

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

Hi

I have following dataset

DATASALES
A10
A10
A20
B30
B40
B50

I'm using two summarize tools to get overall sum and group by sum, I'm repeating this process for 3 different types , I would like to build macro tool for this.

Data columns name will change

BRRLL99_0-1676514223314.png

7 REPLIES 7
willemb
7 - Meteor

I had a macro for calculating factorials that I very quickly adjusted to do a percentage of total calculation. Have a look at the attached and adjust where necessary. 

It's just a normal macro, allows you to select the fields you want to calculate each record's percentage of total, and then appends those percentages to your dataset. 

willemb_0-1676533891323.png

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

Hi

I have 2 inputs ,

one input will group by and sum

2nd input will do overall sum

so I have build a combined both by using append tool and used formula tool 

do you have any macro where I can get two inputs

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@BRRLL99 I converted your workflow to the standard macro

binuacs_0-1676535264497.png

willemb
7 - Meteor

Made a few changes, but I haven't tested much. You might have to make a few tweaks. 

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

@willemb@binuacs 

As attached in the sample data, I have used two different types of summarize tool,

first one >> sum

2nd one >> count

is it possible to make the list where end user can select the type of summarize with the macro

willemb
7 - Meteor

@BRRLL99 

See this update to your sample. That's one way of doing either the one or the other. You could also use a list box to select between Count or Sum and use Action tools to update actions in a summarize tool (and fieldnames etc).

I think the best thing to do here is to go step by step through the first macro I shared to understand why each tool does what it does to get to a dynamic percent of total. Then make your own adjustments to get it to do what you're after (which I'm not entirely sure I understand). If you get stuck on specifics post those questions here again and we can try and get you unstuck. 

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

Hi

this is the macro I'm looking for

But the only issue i'm facing while using this macro, since this data headers are sample names

when i tried to insert this macro with original data set, I'm facing error

is there any way where I can choose column headers also dynamically 

Labels