Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Two or More Dataflow in a Single Workflow - Output saved in the same single File - Error

Eswaran
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,
There are two or More Data Flow from different input source in a single Alteryx Workflow (ex.-Database input like SQL). If there is an error on first flow or any of the data flow like SQL Query, then Any of the Data Flow would not happen (i.e)Output will not be saved even for one flow with error, In this case output file is same throughout with different sheet name, How do I achieve this? Below is simple Example.

Capture.JPG

Regards

Eswaran

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

What about cancelling the workflow from the Runtime Settings in the Configuration Pane?

Screenshot 2023-07-14 085728.png

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @Eswaran 

If I understood you, your scenario is a workflow reading two or more Excel files, and you want to combine the data from those input files into a single Output file with as many sheets as input Excel file, actually, one tab per input file, if that's the case, the attached workflow perform exactly that, its workflow is shown below:

Workflow-01.png

There are two important items in this workflow:

1. There is a common column between all the input Excel files telling apart the data; if the Excel files do not have a common field, just add one, as shown in the workflow, in this example "Source" was implemented. Note: The Region file is comun to the input Excel file in the attached workflow.
  2. You should configure the Output tool properly, so it will write to a single Excel file, with multiple sheets, one per input file.

This is the Output tool configuration, the red-yellow arrows point to the configuration parameters used to get the expected output.

Workflow-02.png

Hope this helps,

Arnaldo

Eswaran
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @PhilipMannering .. it works for my situation..

Eswaran
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @ArnaldoSandoval .. 

Thanks for your wonderful time...

Labels