Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Turning off streams in alteryx

jpolomsky
7 - Meteor

Hey, a quick question,

I have this developed which I am providing to teams to use.However, in some cases, there may not be a need for certain inputs to occur. For example, certain testings may not be needed to be performed. Can I, from this look, allow users to switch on/off certain streams or inputs?

Thank you

jpolomsky_0-1639055646252.png

5 REPLIES 5
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @jpolomsky ,

you could create checkboxes with the option 'Collapse group when deselected'. This would make this options not visible when they are not needed.

You would also need to configure the files to be optional (uncheck the required).:

Untitled.png

Regards

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @jpolomsky 

Just to add to what @afv2688 has said, interface tools can be used to enable/disable any part of the workflow too - by disabling containers.

Theres a bit of information and example workflows in this thread:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/use-condition-interface-gt-enable-Disa...

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I'm leaving you here an example

jpolomsky
7 - Meteor

Hi, @afv2688 thank you for your help. So if I place the check box, and the person will check the box, the process will continue, otherwise, alteryx will leave this? 

Als,when I put this check box in, it appears at the bottom of the image I showed. Is there a way to move it close to where it is supposed to be? 

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @jpolomsky ,

the checkbox is there to be a visual help. Not being able to see the file input is something that would remind him that it is not needed.

Regarding your second point, yes, you can move the checkbox up and down on the interface designer palette (cntrl+win+d) and set up there on the visualization the way you want everything to look like

Regards

Labels