Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trying to use File Browse interface tool in order to upload new files as needed

LPETRUS
5 - Atom

Hello, 

I am currently trying to design a workflow using the Alteryx Interface File Browse tool. 

In this workflow I will have four files to choose from. My goal is to create a User Interface that allows me to upload new files to this workflow as needed. 
For instance, Say I have the following four files: "File1", "File2", "File3", and "File4"

One day I decide I only want to update files "File1" and File3" because I don't want the data to change in "File2" or "File3". 

As of right now, when I run it as an analytic app, it asks me to input values for all 4 files every time I run it. 

How do I make it so I don't have to put a value for files I don't want to use that day? Is it possible to write these in a way that Alteryx can recognize i'm only trying to update certain files and I want the other files in the workflow to not change?

2 REPLIES 2
jNunez
8 - Asteroid

In your action tool, deselect the "Required" checkbox.

community answer-file browse.png

LPETRUS
5 - Atom

Wow it really is always the little details 😂 thank you! @jNunez 

Labels