Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Troubleshooting Batch Macro

The_Fray
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Could someone please help me understand why 1 of these two macros is not working? I found the top macro on the Alteryx Forums for importing multiple sheets and files at the same time, and the bottom macro was my attempt at rebuilding them to understand the logic behind it. Both versions of the macro look the same to me, so I am not sure why mine it is not working. So just a few question:

(1) What do I need to update on the bottom macro so I can get it do work like the top?

(2) If I am only using 1 input file, what do I need to do to adjust macro / workflow so I don't need to use the directory tool and can instead use the standard input tool?

The_Fray_0-1603152481485.png

Thanks,

Frazer 

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@The_Fray 
I think you are missing the "Replace a specific string" part.
Try to configure that also comparing with the test.yxmc.

Capture.PNG

The_Fray
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, that does not appear to be the issue with my macro, or at least the only issue. Oddly enough, when I click the check mark off and then back on again for the originally working macros replace field, I start getting the same error as my macro... 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@The_Fray 
That is a bit strange. It works on my side.
Anyway, I attached the workflow here for your test. And for your 2nd question, I have also prepared as below.Capture-01.PNGCapture-02.PNG

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@The_Fray 
Thank you for the mark.

Labels