Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transposing only some columns and not others

Aleksis
5 - Atom

Hello, I have been struggling with using transpose to perform the action below. Hopefully someone can help.

I have the following input where each row represents one person. Each person can choose option A, option B, or both. 

input.png

I would like to change to have each option chosen on a new row. For example, John Doe chose a Bike and a Car so row 1 would be for the bike and row 2 would be for the car. As you can see below, regardless of which options are chosen, they are always displayed in the same column "Option", with the respective costs in the next two columns. There are also setting columns which only relate to the specific option and can also be blank or filled. 

Output:

output.png

Could you please help me figure out how I can make this change using transpose or another method. I have also attached the .yxmd file with input and output as shown in the screenshots. Thanks in advance :)

P.S. So far, I have tried using transpose on individual columns and then using join but I still don't get the right output as above.

4 REPLIES 4
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Like such? 

jdminton
12 - Quasar

Here is what I did

Snag_24f8b5a3.png

Aleksis
5 - Atom

Thanks guys! Both work as intended :).