Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transpose vs. Crosstab

Kureel
7 - Meteor

I'm having difficulty with transpose vs. crosstab in Alteryx. The issue i am having is when I crosstab the data, the "values for new columns" section i need to have multiple values in that section. I issue is I have multiple states that i want to sum the amount coming through in the rows/columns so when I press the drop down for "value for new columns" , 'sum of state 1" , "sum of state 2", "sum of state 3" are options and I want all of those to be the column titles. Maybe i am thinking of this wrong so I tried to illustrate it in the attached excel. 

9 REPLIES 9
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Kureel ,

Can you mock up the data to show what you're starting with and what you want it to look like? That will be easier to understand.

M.

Bulien

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Kureel,

The best way to undrestand it is by checking Alteryx Exampls :

messi007_0-1643649247291.png

Cross Tab

messi007_1-1643649282089.png

Hope this helps !

Regards,

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Kureel 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1643649345598.png

Hope this helps : )

Kureel
7 - Meteor

@atcodedog05 that worked great! One last question. When I did your path, my Total got put on line 3 instead of line 5. Is there a way to re-order that?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Kureel 

You can apply sorting so that total always comes last.Since it starts with T

atcodedog05_0-1643654334577.png

Kureel
7 - Meteor

@atcodedog05 what if my total says "Sum Total" so it comes before "Sum Wyoming"

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Kureel 

Create a column called order and for total set the value as 1 and others 0. This way when sorted total always comes last.

atcodedog05_0-1643654803042.png

Kureel
7 - Meteor

@atsumcodedog05 you're a genius. Thank you so much!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @Kureel 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels