Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Transpose-- Increasing Number of Rows -- Performance Issue

Kuldeepmathur
8 - Asteroid

HI,

Need a Suggestion from All !

Currently I am having Data by ID level like :

Kuldeepmathur_0-1675478386495.png

And the originial requirement is to create a filter column by the name of "Leader Name" therefore I have used transpose and merge all 3 leaders in one now my data is looking like this: 

Kuldeepmathur_1-1675478475461.png

This is working perfectly fine but as my data is increasing & the number of rows are also increasing and its started to create prerformance issues therfore just wanted to check is there any other solutions i can opt for?

Thanks,

Kuldeep

2 REPLIES 2
martinding
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Kuldeepmathur ,

Unfortunately, I believe transpose is a bit intensive on the computing resources.

Would it be possible for you to take subsets (for example, a few hundred rows at a time) of the data and transpose them individually. And then unionise the results together?

You could try using a batch macro to automate this process.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @Kuldeepmathur 

Have you considered incorporating the Auto Field tool before you get to Transpose?

Your sample suggests that your columns/fields are Text intensive, i.e., the default size for most fields at VWString will make size huge = processing time hog.

RobertOdera_0-1675517840697.png

In addition to the above, your workflow might be ripe for batch processing --> macros.

Cheers!

Labels