Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transpose Columns to rows without adjustments

horth007
7 - Meteor

Dear All

I am trying to transpose the attached file *.xlsx file (input data) without any adjustments how is the easily possible via Alteryx?

As the Input file could contain more than 200 columns  some manual setups seems to be to complex but required for the further workflow processing.

Please see attached excel sheet input tab and the expected result is in transpose results tab.

My relevant data starts in line 15 and finally after transpose: Line 15 is column 1 and column 1 will be row one (and also column headers). (relevant data area marked yellow)

I thought it could work via cross tab function, but the issue I have, I must decide on method for aggregating values, what will change the order....

In excel, I am just marking the area and selecting copy paste special transpose and it is done.... But how to solve in Alteryx please? 

Happy to get your thoughts on this...

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@horth007 

binuacs_0-1647443728514.png

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @horth007 

I think i have achieved what you need - however i have dropped the 'WKN' and 'Fondsname' columns from the output, are these required?

Please find attached.
TheOC

Bulien
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@TheOC should the result transpose like the give output?

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @binuacs 

Well spotted - made a mistake with a cut and paste on my workflow. Meant to move part of my workflow to the end.

Edited the attachment on my previous comment - thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
horth007
7 - Meteor

Thanks lot, by checking your very helpful Feedback. I find an misleading Information in may input data.

My example contains in FD1 FD 2 etc..... But in practise there is not ascending or descending therefore, it could AA ZZ F1 E4 RT or

and the same applies also the ISIN1 ISIN2 ... 

When I running the workflow then, the order will be changed again

horth007
7 - Meteor

Got it now!

I added an additional record ID tool to the workflow and adjusted it afterwards via dynamic rename again!

horth007
7 - Meteor

Hi All

Sorry I have to revert to this as I identified a logical issue in the  workflow... I set it up as follows.

The issue is: The first Dynamic rename and the formula afterwards. The setup is based on expectation of  195 columns with ISIN: ISIN1 to ISIN195 therefore the process is working as the formula is considering [Field198].

But the numbers of columns is always different and could between whatever between 1 and 300  e.g. it could ISIN1 to ISIN11 or ISINS1 to 225 etc. ( side note: Rows are fixed)

Not sure if this works.

Is there any Idea? Thanks a lot

Labels