Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Transformations using summary/crosstab

harshsaraf
5 - Atom

Hi All,

Need some hep with transformation tools summarize and cross tabs. I am just struggling to use them in the correct order to change the below input to output table. Any help/ if you could share the workflow - will be very helpful and thankful to the community.

Please refer to Excel attached for input and output table.

Merry Christmas 🙂

Input:

Billing Doc Type DescriptionMaterial Group 1 DescriptionMonthSold-to party DescriptionCountMedianNo0_% DiscountModeNo0_% DiscountAvgNo0_% Discount
ESP Project InvoiceACBs C power (ESP)1A. R. ELECTRO POWER PVT. LTD.1-0.53-0.53-0.53
ESP Standard InvoiceACBs C power (ESP)2A. R. ELECTRO POWER PVT. LTD.3-0.58-0.58-0.58
ESP Project InvoiceACBs C power (ESP)2ACME ELECTRICAL & INDUSTRIAL CO5-0.625-0.625-0.59
ESP Standard InvoiceACBs C power (ESP)2ACME ELECTRICAL & INDUSTRIAL CO8-0.58-0.58-0.58

Output Table

Material Group 1 DescriptionSold-to party DescriptionESP Project Invoice   ESP Project Invoice   ESP Standard Invoice   
Month 1   Month 2   Month 2   
CountMedianNo0_% DiscountModeNo0_% DiscountAvgNo0_% DiscountCountMedianNo0_% DiscountModeNo0_% DiscountAvgNo0_% DiscountCountMedianNo0_% DiscountModeNo0_% DiscountAvgNo0_% Discount
ACBs C power (ESP)A. R. ELECTRO POWER PVT. LTD.1-0.53-0.53-0.53    3-0.58-0.58-0.58
ACBs C power (ESP)ACME ELECTRICAL & INDUSTRIAL CO    5-0.625-0.625-0.598-0.58-0.58-0.58

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @harshsaraf 
Can you please upload a copy of your workflow with what you have attempted so far so that the Community can better troubleshoot the issue for you?
Additionally, I would recommend checking out some of the interactive lessons regarding the use of Summary and Crosstab so that you can attempt this yourself!

Please check out the resources below to get started!
Summarizing Data Interactive Lesson

Changing Data Layouts 

Additionally, the examples provided within the Designer tool also can assist you with live samples of how these tools can work.

If you are still having trouble, please let the community know where the issue lies so that they can best assist you further!
Thanks,
TrevorS

Community Moderator
marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hey @harshsaraf !

That tools is used to be confusing much times even to experienced professionals. I developed with @carlosteixeira another tool to help in this cases, being similar to pivot table of excel.

To your case I needed to do a little change in that tool, but the original is here in that link: Pivot Table Tool 

Attached is a package with you data source and my customized tool to you run.

Hope that help!

Labels