Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transform Column to Rows

ScottC1971
7 - Meteor

Afternoon everyone!  Fairly new to Alteryx and I am trying to transpose some of the my because I am dealing with an aggregation issue.

My data looks like this now:

Data Before.PNG

What I want is this:

Data After.PNG

I have been playing with the Cross Tab, Transposes and Text to Column Tools and still haven't found the right combination.

Thanks in advance!

Scott

3 REPLIES 3
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ScottC1971,

I have prepared a workflow for you:

Emil_Kos_0-1624909246866.png

The output:

Emil_Kos_1-1624909270929.png

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @ScottC1971 ,

You might have to use another tool for that task. Think of it as you have two groups (or X groups of Task order) and you need to add up (summarize) all values in the PR Number column.

Because string values cannot be added up like numbers, you can concatenate them instead.

So try using a summarize tool, group by the column Task order and then select you PR Number column and choose to concatenate.

By default the delimiter would be a comma (,) but you can delete it and use a pipe (|) instead or a pipe with two whitespaces either side ( | ).

Cheers,

Angelos

ScottC1971
7 - Meteor

@AngelosPachis and @Emil_Kos - You guys are amazing!  I can't believe how fast all y'all responded!  I tried both of your explanations and they worked!  Thanks so much for your help!

Labels