Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Tools displaying no results unless on a summarize or browse tool

Whodathunkit
7 - Meteor

Hey all,

I'm having an issue with Designer Desktop where I'm unable to see the results after most tools other than summarize and browse tools. I've restarted the program as well as my PC. Disable all browse tools is not checked off. 

The issue seems to be related to the number of joins I have in my dynamic input. I updated my query yesterday, which is when this started happening, and had to add a few joins to include data from different sources. The total number of columns is still the same as before the change was made though.

Any ideas?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
acarter881
12 - Quasar

Hey, @Whodathunkit.

I see Alteryx is asking you to update your version of Designer. Version 2022.3.1.486 (Patch 3) came out a week ago. This may help.

Does your Task Manager say anything that may indicate an inability for Designer to display the data, such as a limited amount of RAM? 

Have you tried the Cache and Run Workflow option at a point upstream from where you want to display results?

It's hard to say for sure what the issue is, but one of these may help. Also, I keep as few workflow tabs open as possible to reduce RAM usage.

Whodathunkit
7 - Meteor

Hi @acarter881,

My company rarely, if ever, is on the most current version. This is due to a rather strict QA process to ensure previous workflows run without issue. That being said, other people on the same version don't run into the issue. However, I haven't had anyone else try running this specific worklow. Although, changing back to the original query in the Dynamic Input, resolves the issue. So it's clearly something to do with the query, I've just never experienced it before.

As for RAM, Task Manager never spikes over 50% and almost all of that is attributed to Google Chrome. The 32 GB appears to be more than sufficient.

I haven't tried caching, but it's a good suggestion. I'll give that a shot.

Thanks!

acarter881
12 - Quasar

@Whodathunkit I see. I understand about the QA process for versioning. That may become a thing of the past if Alteryx eventually makes the move to a Cloud-based version. For example, I never have to manually update Adobe Creative Cloud nor is there an IT process for holding on to legacy versions.

Perhaps it is something with the query in Dynamic Input. I don't use those types of SQL queries, but it may be worth experimenting with the Input Data tool as well and seeing if the data can be seen from the output anchor. 

You're welcome. :)

Labels