Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

ToNumber "yyyy-mm-dd" Lost information in conversion & Conversion error Limit Reached

dkma
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone, Hope everyone is doing well. 

I have dataset which consists of around 800,000 records, and out of those hugh number of Records, THere is a column which contains "date" in Numeric format. like "43549" There are almost 800,000 records in the date column. Now I'm trying to change the format to Alteryx Default Date format. 

i tried using ToDate() function, and  datetimeadd(ToDate('1900-01-01'),ToNumber([Date Col]), 

THis is running giving expected results in the Alteryx Desktop designer, But when I try to run on gallery it is throwing 

-   ToNumber "yyyy-mm-dd" Lost information in conversion 

-  Conversion error Limit Reached

Anyone has any idea how to resolve on the gallery side. 

Please help. 

9 REPLIES 9
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Try this.

DateTimeAdd("1900-01-01",[Date Col]-2,"days")

image.png 

Raj
14 - Magnetar

Use fromual 
TOdate

as "43549" will be converted to "2019-03-25"

this will help.

Raj
14 - Magnetar

ToDate(your field")

dkma
8 - Asteroid

I know above formulas  that., It is running on Desktop designer, but it is not working Gallery side it is throwing 

dkma
8 - Asteroid

I know above formulas  that., It is running on Desktop designer, but it is not working Gallery side it is throwing 

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Are there null or blank values in your dataset?

dkma
8 - Asteroid

No

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@dkma The error says you have some values in the format of yyyy-mm-dd, you can check the same in the designer using a filter tool

Contains([Field],'-')

dkma
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs @cjaneczko @Raj 

Everyone, Thanks for your time and efforts.

https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Converting-strings-to-numbers-1583460179993?secureweb=... - this article helped me to fix 

Labels