Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Time Series Forecasting Field Output

danniemme
7 - Meteor

I am running a large forecast for several products. All models are based on same data: sales by department, product, year, and month. All models are forecasting the sales for the same future period. In some cases I am using factory and in others I am not.

I want to union the forecast model outputs to show forecasted sales by department, product, year, & month for all products in one easy-to-use spreadsheet after. But the TS Forecast tool (or perhaps ARIMA/ETS itself) drops off my department & product fields.

Can I force the model to put the department and product data in the output somehow? Help!

1 REPLY 1
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@danniemme 

The factory tools have that variable available as it's used as a Group by value while the standard tools don't. You would be able to append the value after the forecast is delivered.

Something like the attached.

append-category.png

Labels