Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tile Tool

knnwndlm
8 - Asteroid

Hi SME,

Could somebody please help me figure out how to use the Tile tool to generate the Results tab (columns E & F) based on the initial info on the Gov_Table tab?  Essentially, what I'm trying to do is to group all the Counties together and within each county, to label Tag1 with incremental numbers to represent the changes in the County name and Tag2 to indicate the changes in the rates starting with the Type showing County as 0.  What Tag2 allows me to peg all the cities with the same rates with the same numerical value.

I tried to use the Tile tool to do this without avail.  I could do this the long way, but I'm trying to figure out best practice to do this.  

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

kwl

12 REPLIES 12
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

you don't even need regex for that you can use

if contains([location]) then replace([location],"County","-") else [location] endif

in a formula tool to update the locatoin field.

knnwndlm
8 - Asteroid

@apathetichell - I need to use RegEx because there are locations that have the word "County" in it.  I only want the ones that have Unincorporated within the same string to have the word "County" replaced with "-".

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Yes -that's what the IF statement does.

Labels