Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

The input "#1" was not initialized. union tool error after upgrade

MartWClimber
9 - Comet

We've had an upgrade that upgraded or Alteryx to 2022.1. after this upgrade I get weird error's with union tools.

the error I can't fix is the The input "#1" was not initialized.error.

what I've done:

deleted all union tools in the workflow and replace them.

note: there is a python tool and crew runner tools in the workflow that connect to the same union tool all write output that I want to union together.

AMP is disabled!

previously (before upgrade) everything worked fine.

15 REPLIES 15
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

The 2023.1 Release is not out yet, this fix will be in that when it goes out. We are also backporting the fix to upcoming patches for 2022.3 and 2022.1 Release versions. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

2022.1.1 Patch 6 has been released and can be found at: https://us1.alteryxcloud.com/license-portal/

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
nbondarchuk
Alteryx
Alteryx

I’m happy to announce that the fix has been released in the 2023.1 GA Release version May 17, 2023, which is available for download from our licensing portal.

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

This is still an issue. Noticing it on the Trend AB tool.

image.png

dlipsey
5 - Atom

Did you ever figure out a fix for the issue? I'm running into it now in a union tool and when I delete and re-add my tool, the workflow runs fine. Once I change one of my app selections that is a check box, I get the error again.

kzu07jdh
5 - Atom

so what is the solution? 

Version: 2023.1.1.281 Patch: 3

still not working Error: Union (1249): The input "#1" was not initialized.

Labels