Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

The cell has truncated characters after summarize concatenate

hemant86
11 - Bolide

HI All,

I'm using a summarize tool to concatenate my data. Now what's happening is the values in the column are getting truncated. I tried using various string formats like W_string / V_Wstrings, also tried increasing the size of  the string but no luck. One more thing which I noticed is the values are also getting repeated. I cant see the whole value in the cell viewer but when I produce it on a excel file I see values are getting repeated. the max number of value possible per employee is 28.

Cell View:

hemant86_0-1678446408119.pnghemant86_1-1678446435314.png

hemant86_2-1678446539923.png

hemant86_3-1678446814608.png

Please see the output file attached.

5 REPLIES 5
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @hemant86 

Can you please share the input. And just the expected output.

So can try alternative way instead of summarize tool to reach the result.

Many thanks

Shanker V

Raj
15 - Aurora

can you share the sample output you are looking for

hemant86
11 - Bolide

Hi @ShankerV @Raj .,

Sharing the sample workflow package below 

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @hemant86 

You are having multiple issues mentioned. Breaking down into pieces to have a better solution.

Issue 1: You have mentioned that, you have duplicated values.

ShankerV_0-1678450174641.png

Yes, it is because if you have 2 records or more in the same dataset then while you join it will create multiple records.

In the sample workflow you have shared, I have added a record to explain in detail.

ShankerV_1-1678450339096.png

To avoid the duplication, you need to have unique record in the both the datasets.

If any dataset contains more than 1 record for the same ECode, then it creates repeated value in the summarize tool.

ShankerV_2-1678450418824.png

Note: If you correct this issue, the trimming of values post summarize will get resolved as you can have max 28 values as per the dataset.

Many thanks

Shanker V

hemant86
11 - Bolide

Thanks @ShankerV . I did not realize that. Will work on eliminating the duplicates. Thanks Again!!

Labels