Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Text to columns then back to single column

JGalle0121
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, please see attached output from my current Alteryx workflow.  I have completed a text to columns tool to breakout the multiple subject referenced in col C and you can see the output of that in col H-I.

However what I need to do now is get back to a single column of subjects with the information on that given row duplicated.  I am unsure of the best way forward to accomplish that in Alteryx and appreciate all suggestions.

Current Data:

Project ID, Teacher ID, Subject, Subject Subcategory, Grade, Project Resource, Project Date, T2C Results 1, T2C Results 2

Need data in format:

Project ID, Teacher ID, Subject, Subject Subcategory, Grade, Project Resource, Project Date, T2C Results 1

Project ID, Teacher ID, Subject, Subject Subcategory, Grade, Project Resource, Project Date, T2C Results 2

Let me know if any questions and I appreciate the assist.

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Have you looked at the SUMMARIZE tool and considered using the STRING function of CONCATENATE?

This is likely what you need.

Cheers,
Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @JGalle0121!

In your Text to Columns tool, I would suggest using the 'Split to Rows' option instead of breaking it into separate fields then trying to make new rows. You will likely have to get rid of extra white space, but this should get you the output you're looking for.

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

You can use split to row option in text to column tool  to get the results in single column.  Attaching sample workflow. 

Workflow.PNG 

JGalle0121
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much, I knew it had to be an easy answer - I just don't use the functionality of the text to columns tool often.  I appreciate the assistance and have left you both stars!

Labels