Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Tableau Output tool error

atk
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Team- I'm trying to push data from alteryx to Tableau using the Tableau output tool. All the configurations are right but I'm getting the following error: Error: Tableau Output (281): Got an invalid value '2012-06-01' for column "Continuous Service Date", it must be a Date, Timestamp, datetime, or date instance

The mentioned column is of data type date so I'm not really sure where this error is coming from. Can someone please help me out here?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Aishwarya

5 REPLIES 5
TimN
13 - Pulsar
atk
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Tim- this solution doesn't seem to work. It's something about connecting the data from Alteryx to tableau online and the date conversions?

warrenpagel
6 - Meteoroid

Bumping this, were you able to resolve this? I'm running into the same issue. Any outputs to Tableau that do not contain date fields function fine, but anything, new or otherwise, which I try to output results in the same error.

Tableau Output (233) Got an invalid value '2020-05-18' for column "Invoicedate", it must be a Date, Timestamp, datetime, or date instance

The field is formatted as date and is reading correctly as date in both Alteryx and Tableau.

MikeMarandola
5 - Atom

Were you able to fix this?

warrenpagel
6 - Meteoroid

I was able to work around the issue by simply publishing my datasource with all date fields as strings and then converting them back to dates within Tableau itself. Unfortunately I've not been able to find any solution that allows me to publish fields formatted as dates using this tool.

Labels