Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Tableau Output Error: Tableau Output: Got an invalid value 'X' for column "Y"

theyele
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I'm getting an error when publishing with the Tableau Output tool in version 2021.3: 'Error: Tableau Output (86): Got an invalid value '360' for column "LinesPerHour", it must be an int instance'

The field is set as Int 32 and '360' should definitely be a valid integer! Any ideas? 

18 REPLIES 18
bsherman901
5 - Atom

Anybody have an update on when this will be fixed?  This is a pretty ridiculous bug considering how closely Tableau and Alteryx are used together.  

Mitch_S
7 - Meteor

I agree bsherman901. I've had to switch to using python to push data to Tableau since Alteryx can't get their tools to work.

bsherman901
5 - Atom

Does anybody know when this was implemented?  I was on 2022.1 and everything was working fine.

Hi!

We recently migrated to 23 1 and are running into a similar issue with the new Output to Tableau tool. Any update from Alteryx?

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

Well mine can be added to the defect list

Error: Tableau Output (144): Got an invalid value 'POLYGON ((-79.85788... for column "Y", it must be a bytes or a bytearray instance

This is happening with polygons

aberry0613
8 - Asteroid

I had this issue as well.  I used the select tool to change to a fixed decimal and it now publishes with no error.

1. Instead of Int - use Fixed Decimal (19.0)

2. DateTime is not working either, so convert to Date

3. Some Dates are not converting properly (shows 2089 for the year instead of 2019 for instance), so I just convert Dates to String and would do extra conversion on Tableau

A lot of bugs thou and I hope Alteryx team will resolve them soon

Hope that will help 

FaizanSayed
6 - Meteoroid

There is new update of Tableau Tool 1.4.1 which supposedly fixes

• Fixed issue where Tableau Output returned "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'dtypes'" error when writing date fields with a future year. (TPM-3246)
  • Fixed issue where Tableau Output returned "Got an invalid value" error for a mix of data types. (TPM-2968)
  • Fixed issue where Tableau Input returned "'NoneType' object has no attribute ‘year’" error when reading Date or DateTime data types. (TDCE-293)

I just realized it after I posted it that 13.1 wasn't available any more. - Thank you

Labels