Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Table Tool Bug

amy_kehoe
5 - Atom

Below is part of a workflow where we are using multiple table tools to create a final visual. The output is correct until someone else downloads and runs the workflow, then the output is incorrect (a column is missing). The only fix we have found is to click on each table tool before running the workflow, however, no changes have to be made.

amy_kehoe_0-1682707177993.png

3 REPLIES 3
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

@amy_kehoe I have never seen this exactly bug before; however could you try adding browse tools after each of your table tools? 

I've seen this solve some bugs in other issues I've come across along the way.

Hope this helps!

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@amy_kehoe are they running the same version of Alteryx Designer as the creator of this workflow? In addition, have they configured any settings such as AMP etc?

Sometimes the version and config may impact what you see. Can you check on this - if indeed there is a difference, perhaps the end user needs to update or have the same config as the creator of the workflow. 

In addition, when you send this over, do you export it as an Alteryx package?

Hope this helps!

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I'm going for the "there is something slightly different in a field naming convention somewhere and 'dynamic fields' are deselected in the relevant table tool (or select tool)" option - can you confirm that you are using the exact same input files in your version of the workflow - and your co-workers? Can you share the table tool configurations you are using?

When you say missing - do you mean missing in the datastream (ie you cannot see it in a browse) or missing in the output? If the later - increase the size of the page in render (I use 50 X 50 as standard)

Labels