Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table Output Issue

clarrock
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I use a table tool with settings as such

IMG_20210116_140158__01__01.jpg

I have placed a browse tool after the table tool

IMG_20210116_140212__01.jpg

The problem is that with the first run of my canvas the table tool reorders the columns automatically as such (shown using a browse tool) :

Notice that the Age is incorrectly placed - my table configuration shows that it should be at the end..

IMG_20210116_140305__01.jpg

Above renders to excel incorrectly as well

After a couple of runs on Designer (did not change anything at all) I get below output.. Which is correct. What is causing this auto reordering eventhough my configuration for table shows otherwise?

IMG_20210116_140557__01.jpg

My render to excel also shows the data ordered correctly. It seems like Alteryx doesn't have enough time to process the Table.. I did put a block until done next to the table. But I still get this reordering with my first run everyday and I have to run twice to get the right output as above. 

Has anyone else faced this issue? 

1 REPLY 1
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @clarrock 

The first time that you run this on a new day, you have at least one new column that did not exist the previous day.  These the new columns fall into the Dynamic or Unknown Fields category and so are added to the end of the table after [Age].  The second time that you run it, the fields are known and so are placed in the correct order. 

The way to ensure that the Age column is always last is to use the arrow keys to move it after Dynamic or Unknown

danilang_1-1610803922012.png

Dan

Labels