Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

TS TOOL

Ivaturi_Vighnesh
7 - Meteor

Hi, I tried to plot the graph between cost and year-month using TS plot tool. Data consists from 2018-01-01 to 2021-12-01. But the plot is giving me result till 2024. Can some one please help me in this. 

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Ivaturi_Vighnesh ,

Can you share the problem you're having?

Time Series modelling will extrapolate out into the future to give you a prediction based on the data you have provided.

M.

Bulien

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @Ivaturi_Vighnesh 

If you are just wanting to plot data that you currently have on a graph, you will want to use the Interactive chart tool:
https://help.alteryx.com/20214/designer/interactive-chart-tool

If you are wanting to predict future values in a time-series application, then the Time Series tools are the correct method.

Are you able to attach your workflow so far? and an idea of what outcome you are expecting?

Thanks,
TheOC

Bulien
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @Ivaturi_Vighnesh 

You change the number of periods to include in the forecast in the Other Options in the ETS and ARIMA tools.  

danilang_0-1649682860580.png

In the TS Forecast tool, it's on the Configuration Tab.

Dan

Ivaturi_Vighnesh
7 - Meteor

I have set of Customer ID. If i use the TS tool by filtering one customer ID it is showing me the trend from 2018 to 2021 as per the data. But if i filter two customer ID the plot is showing me graph till 2024 and if i use three customer ID it is increasing. Though i am giving data only from 2018 to 2021.

Ivaturi_Vighnesh
7 - Meteor

Okay But when i am filtering single customer ID it is givng me graph till 2021. I fi increase the customer ID the time period of graph is also increasing.

Labels