Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Summing up the data with different Input Structure

Nikhil86
7 - Meteor

Hi Folks, 

Happy Friday! 

I am a beginner to Alteryx and I am currently struggling to get below issue sorted: 

I have 2 input files Main and System Input both contains data based on ID's to perform the summation the logic needs to use the mapping table in order to populate all the data in the final output. 

Issue / Logic: Which I am not able to fix with my existing work-flow ( attached) 

1. ID's which belong to same set ID should be summed up in the final output 

2. ID's which belong to different set ID should not be summed up in the final output as they belong to different SETID 

--------

Input1

input1.PNG

Input 2 

input2.PNG

False Output

false_output.PNG

Final expected correct output should look like below. 

Output.PNG

Any help or feedback is much appreciated. 

Rgds,

Nik 

3 REPLIES 3
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Nikhil86,

As we don't have data sample that would be complicated to help.

As a suggestion maybe you can filter out the data that you don't want to sum up?

Nikhil86
7 - Meteor

@Emil_Kos , 

I have attached few more screenshot with sample data also attached a work-flow. 

The issue is IDs are mapped to different SET IDs in some case , I am trying to figure out logic to overcome this. When you said filter tool exactly where? 

kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Hi @Nikhil86 ,

Would adding 'Set ID' as a group by in your Summarize tool accomplish what you're looking for? This will prevent items with the same ID but different Set IDs from adding together, and if you don't want Set ID as part of your final output you can always remove it using a select tool.

Labels