Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

String being truncated when loading data

azlevy
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with a String field being truncated when loaded into Alteryx.

My input is a CSV file, and I have a field that goes up to ~1000 characters.

Despite changing the Field Lenght setting in the Input tool I'm still not getting the full field, but only the first 254 characters.

Can someone help me with that?

Thanks,

Andre

15 REPLIES 15
BlakeFox
7 - Meteor

@itahir04 With the file input tool, depending on the file type the configuration options will change. Try using a CSV file format to get the string length configuration.

ntboen
5 - Atom

You may need to change the Default String column length in your ODBC settings.  It's in the Advanced Options.

ntboen_0-1587133650137.png

Parinita
6 - Meteoroid

What if there are multiple input CSV files like 50 or 100 which we want to ingest in that case we cannot manually go and change the field length for each of the file. So any suggestion for this kind of scenario?

AliOmran
6 - Meteoroid

Hey mate, Please did you find a solution when reading from DB and have truncated for some filed! 

Vivek4
5 - Atom

Hey, Did you find any solution for this issue? I am still having a issue after incensing values ODBC settings 

Shan
5 - Atom

We can change the value of String Setting in ODBC Driver Default setting is at 255. Please see below Screenshot

Steps

Start -> ODBC -> Select Connection Name -> Configure -> Advanced Options... -> CHANGE (Default String column length)

Shan_1-1627412324788.png

Labels