Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Stop Flowing of Data

Madihah_29
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone!

Currently I want to generate two output if the data is not null. If one of them has no data at True/false, then the anchor that has no data will not proceed and will end at the filter tool.

Eg. in Animal column, it has value of Cat 1, Cat 2, Cat 3, Dog 1, Dog 5.
At filter, it will filter if Animal's value contains Cat, then the True will generate report for Cat, False for Dog. 
However, it will not generate for Cat Report thru True anchor if no data regarding Cat since I use analytic apps and user might did not select Cat (Cat 1, Cat 2, Cat 3) in the checkbox.

Screenshot 2024-02-29 160834.png

5 REPLIES 5
aatalai
13 - Pulsar

You might need a macro, with a detour and input of data being number of records, and a condition if 0 then go one way otherwise another. This could also be done with containers. 

@Madihah_29 let me know if this helps

Madihah_29
7 - Meteor

Hi @aatalai, much thanks for your response! I really hope that you can provide me the sample workflow. I have no idea on how to do this and not familiar with detour and macro.

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@Madihah_29 unfortunately i'm away from alteryx for around a week or so, so if you can wait sure 

Madihah_29
7 - Meteor

okay then, I'll wait for you. Lots of thanks @aatalai !

Madihah_29
7 - Meteor

Hi, sorry for disturbing you.
Do you have an example of the solution?

Labels