Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Standard macro not running

Danny-Farrar
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I have a standard macro that I've used in previous workflows (this is just a copy I've made). I've updated everything to get it to work with the new workflow but it's simply not running. It's a 3 input render essentially. The data passes to the macro fine and I don't get any errors but it just won't perform the render.

I'm completely baffled by this and wondered if anyone had come across similar and could share a solution?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Have you taken a look inside the macro at what the outputs are pointing at? I would be curious to see if they are set to write to possibly a different directory or if they are dynamically generating a file path as part of the process and maybe this is why they are pointing elsewhere. 

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Danny-Farrar,

Could you share a sample data with the macro. It will help us to find the problem 🙂

Regards, 

Danny-Farrar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks both for reaching out! I wasn't able to share an example as the workflow and macro themselves are pretty huge but I figured out what was happening.

There was an error within the macro that I hadn't been catching. I believe that because it was an internal error (rather than something like incoming data not matching mapping) it was just not running the macro. 

Labels