Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Standard Macro not return Macro results

gesh2112
7 - Meteor

I am trying to create my first macro.  It seemed really easy.  The macro returns the correct results in the macro.  When I tried to use the macro in a workflow it returns 1 row 1 column.  It seems to be returning what tool was the previous one before it exits the macro.  Can someone give me an idea what I did wrong?

Inside Macro.

gesh2112_0-1594652175499.png

In workflow.

gesh2112_2-1594652406468.png

gesh2112_3-1594652446207.png

11 REPLIES 11
gesh2112
7 - Meteor

I thought of a batch macro but I don't think it would work for what I need to do.  I have like 20 tables I need to pull from seismic as individual tables.  The first website is to get a token id so that is always the same.  The second website that I am entering in the macro screen is different for each table.  So my standard macro is bring back that data table for that second website.  After I get each individual table, each have different fields so after the macro is different per each table depending on what columns are each table.  I end up putting them into SQL.  The idea is once they are in SQL, I can create another Alteryx that joins some of those tables to create a new table that I can pass to Tableau to give the users what they need to see.  

From my understand of the batch would be it would join all the tables together or am I wrong in my understanding of it?

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Ah I see. If you have lots of different schemas it may be best to keep them separated especially given the secondary URL. Although you can leverage a batch macro for this, it would only work if the data transformations like crosstabs/transposes are set up dynamically enough to accommodate the differences between tables. 

Labels