Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Spurious Error? Report Text tool only supporting "True Type Font"

dyamichael
7 - Meteor

I installed this font, Kalam, from Google Fonts. It's a True Type Font (TTF). I can use it in Office tools. I found the .ttf files on my computer

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Kalam

I can find the font in Alteryx Designer. I try to change the font of text in the "Report Text" tool to this font, and get the error:

Alteryx: Font Error

Only TrueType fonts are supported. This is not a TrueType font.

I'm not sure why this is happening and how to resolve it.

5 REPLIES 5
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I am not sure there's an easy way to resolve this - I don't see it in the fonts in the Report Text tool by default, so unless you can edit the XML, I am doubtful you can use the Kalam font

dyamichael
7 - Meteor

After downloading and installing the font, it does appear in various parts of Alteryx where fonts can be selected. It's just that, when selected, an error popup comes up and blocks you even thought it is a TTF.

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

That's kind of what I am getting at - unless it comes default within Alteryx, I am worried you'll keep running into this error even with it showing. Did you follow these steps? Solved: Installing a New Font - Alteryx Community

dyamichael
7 - Meteor

Aha! I just went through that process again and re-installed the fonts "for all users". That must have been the root issue, because it's working now. Thank you for the help!!

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Happy to help! 😊

Labels