Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Splitting rows into multiple excel files in a new specified format

jakemiroquai
7 - Meteor

Hi!

I am relatively new to Alteryx and was wondering if it was possible to split rows into a different excel files with a specified template that also includes new columns, more string of text in certain cells etc and a conversion of its data for interpretation (For example, 'Male' under the gender field would appear in the output excel as 1 under the output file's gender field).
I have included the files 'Input_start' and 'Output_goal' to show an example of what I wish to do; row 1 becomes output file 1 row 2 becomes outfield 2 etc etc

Any help or material to achieve this would be appreciated. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris
jakemiroquai
7 - Meteor

Hmm it seems to me the blob input options aren't as extensive and dynamic as I had hoped. I don't think it is capable of reformatting the data I have to what I wish to achieve. I was hoping there would be a way to reformat the data using the formula tool. Would you happen to have any material that involves using the formula tool for formatting purposes? Cheers

Labels