Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Spliting amount column between round dollar amounts and uneven amounts

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Hello! 

I have created a macro that splits my amount column between round dollar amounts (like $100,$500,$1000,$4300) and uneven amounts (something like $ 743/$881/$29,064,etc). This macro works perfectly on my current data set. Attaching both my dataset (named round dollar amounts) and the macro. 

However, when I try to use this macro on a different excel file (attached as dataset 1) that contains various other columns (like date, description, name, address and amount), I do not get the desired output. The amounts in the other dataset are in decimals and I want to filter out the decimal values and the rounded values. Would be great if anyone can help me with this. Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6
nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

Check if changing the datatype to FixedDecimal with 0 decimal places meets your requirement:

Capture3.PNG

Output:

Capture4.PNG

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Thanks! But this rounding off the decimals (like rounding off 10.81 to 11). 

I simply want it to filter the round dollar amounts (amounts that are a multiple of 10). Any help with this ?

Thanks! 

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

How about adding this condition in the filter?

Capture.PNG

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Awesome! This worked exactly as I wanted it to. I am now trying to add a pie chart to see how much of my data set is true and how much is false. But I am not able to make this work. Attaching my final macro. Can you please guide me for this as well? 

Thanks!

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

try this and use with your macro:

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

This works, appreciate your response! Thanks!

Labels