Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Split output based on client name and email

esabay
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, 

How do I separate output based on Client name and get an email draft in Outlook similar to the below picture using the below sample data? I used basic filtering but seems to take up a lot of time since as I am a lot of Client name. Thank you

esabay_0-1686571314616.png

5 REPLIES 5
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @esabay 

This seems like a great use case for a batch macro! Simply use your list of names as the control parameter to send each email separately. 

Check out this article to learn more: https://help.alteryx.com/20231/designer/batch-macro 

esabay
8 - Asteroid

Hi!

Thank you for the help! But can the batch macro separate the client names too? Sorry for the question as I am all new to Alteryx

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @esabay 

I think the reporting tools with their group by functionality are what you want here:

OllieClarke_0-1686573282467.png

You can construct your email using the table and report text tool, and then use the data to email the relevant info to the right person in the email tool.

Hope that helps,

Ollie

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@esabay 

Yes, this is exactly what your batch macro will do if you select client name as the field to use for your control parameter:

Kenda_0-1686573327678.png

Relating this back to the article I linked above, the batch macro will run once for each client name from your input file. 

esabay
8 - Asteroid

Thank you both for the help

Labels