Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Split by %

yanatodorova26
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

I'm having the following case. I need to extract 15% out of each value.

For example, I'm having 400 records with value Apple and 320 records with value Pear. What I need is to extract out of the overall for each name, the 15%. So, I need to group by a value and then extract 15% based on a value.

I can't filter for different values and then to split by percent, cause my actual data contains a lot of values that are changing monthly.

Please assist.

4 REPLIES 4
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @yanatodorova26 

You can use the sample tool with this config (the group by column must be the column that contain your values e.g. Apple, Pear...):

sampletool.png

yanatodorova26
7 - Meteor

Hi Felipe,

Thanks, but, sorry, I didn't mention - for the overall number from each name, we have certain numbers that are uploaded and marked with 'x'. Then, I want from the values that are uploaded and have 'x' in a field, to take the 15% and assign a value to the remaining from the overall that don't have 'x'.

Hope the above is clear.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @yanatodorova26 

Can you mock some sample input/output (able to pick some cases with 'x' and non 'x')? Sorry i didnt understood the last requirements very well.

yanatodorova26
7 - Meteor

Hi Felipe,

The idea would be that we're having 1000 contacts for upload:

- 600 value for Apple

- 400 value for Pear

Out of the overall 600 Apple, we're uploading only 100.

Out of the overall 400 for Pear, we're uploading only 50.

I would like to take 15% for each value out of the uploaded ones (15%*100 = 15 for Apple and 15%*50 = 7.5 -> 8 for Pear). But these overall 15 for Apple and 8 for Pear, I would like to take the actual contacts from the remaining ones (500 Apple and 350 Pear). 

So, what we're uploading 100 and 50 should not be touched, but the 15% contacts should be taken from the remaining 500 and 350.

Thank you for the support!

Labels