Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Specified range is not large enough for incoming data fields

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I am getting the error - Specified range is not large enough for incoming data fields

See photo for my output .

My filepath is "C:\temp\test.xlsx|||Tab_two$A2:A3" and it wont write to my xlsx file.

3 REPLIES 3
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

The range is only writing to A2:A3, if you have more rows and columns you need to expand the A3 to what ever the last Row and Column of your data set is. The screenshot does not show what your output looks like. We would need to see how many fields and rows are in your final output.

Raj
14 - Magnetar

@wonka1234 The error message "Specified range is not large enough for incoming data fields" in Alteryx typically occurs when the data fields in your input dataset exceed the specified range in the tool or configuration.

Can you let us know the no of columns and rows you are trying to write
if it is more than 2 column and 1 row then you need to change the range.

Hope this helps.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Typically this occurs because you have not accounted for your headers, a filename column, or a record id column. Check to make sure you are accounting for them in your range or dropping them via select tool or in your output data tool (don't write headers/don't write filename etc).

Labels