Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Spatial objects - polygon

jasatt
7 - Meteor

Hello -

I am trying to join lines (spatial objects) into a Polygon, however the two towns that I started with seem to overlap, even though they souldn't.

I attached the files that I am using - the administrative boundaries file is here (I couldn't attach to post): 

https://msdi.data.gov.mt/geonetwork/srv/eng/catalog.search#/metadata/90b4e2d2-2b5a-4329-a74d-4dde3ac...

Would be great if you can help!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

hi @jasatt 

Could you please share your workflow as a package?

Go to Options > Export Workflow.

This way it will come with all the data.

Cheers,

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you want to not worry about any overlap and stack them all together, you can use the Summarize and Formula tools. 

In the attached example solution, I used a Summarize tool: Add >Spatial > Combine. This creates a combined set of lines. I then used a spatial function in the formula tool (ST_CreatePolygon) to create a polygon object from that combination of lines.

@Thableaus I found the files he referenced and saved them as Text Inputs if you want to check them out. 

20190423-MaltaBoundaries.png

Is this the output you were looking for?

jasatt
7 - Meteor

Hello -

The zip file is attached.

@CharlieS  - the output you showed me is great; the polygon is much more detailed than I had, but I need the boundaries.

FYI I only attached two towns; but I need to cover the whole island (which I am still working on).

Thanks for your help!

jasatt
7 - Meteor

Thanks @CharlieS  - just grouped by town and the polygon is now perfect.

Thanks for your help!

Labels