Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Shifting Dynamic Data in 3 Columns, To Multiple Columns Based Off "n" rows

JSheppard98
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I have a workflow currently nearly completed bar the fact, that my data comes in 3 columns like attached "A-C" and it will extend to many new rows at a time. I've got it so that after the first 94 rows, each 94 rows of data of that shifts to the next 3 columns and so on for each new 94 rows of data. 

Sadly I have it currently like the attached, where I have separated the first 94 rows of data, but have the next 188 rows of data in columns D-F. This would need to be split so 94 remain in the D-F and the next 94 rows beneath that go to columns G-I and so on.

Could somebody perhaps provide a solution as I have tried joins/record ID/Arrange tools to no success for me. 

JSheppard98_0-1684939241416.png

4 REPLIES 4
Clifford_Coon
11 - Bolide

Hi @JSheppard98 

Here is one option.

Add record ID, use CEIL function, Transpose / adjust / Cross Tab.

Look at using a combination of Transpose / Cross Tab for this type of process.

Dynamic_Columns.jpg

Dina
9 - Comet

Similar idea like @Clifford_Coon. I assumed the description name already been updated every 94 records. 

Dina_1-1684954396821.png

Clifford_Coon
11 - Bolide

@Dina - nice use of the tile tool (generally have avoided it for no particular reason)

JSheppard98
8 - Asteroid

@Clifford_Coon @Dina thank you both so much! these both work perfectly, knew I had to use a form of record ID/transposing, not sure why I was struggling re the ceil formula very nice solve.

Labels