Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sheet formatting based on another file

Hamza199
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I currently have one file with 10 tabs, each with it's own unique formatting.

I am trying to use alteryx to improve the data quality. However, when attempting to output this data, the tabs lose its formatting. I have used the table and render tools to format this data but I cannot make it identical to what it initially was.

Therefore, I wanted to ask is there any way to tell alteryx to format a table based on the format in another table?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

yes. You have to overwrite sheet or range and keep the existing formatting. You have to write over the data there (and Alteryx will not write over formulas). Your format is filename|||`sheetname$range` - where range is the exact range in the sheet you want Excel to write to. This must include a start and an end.

Hamza199
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I tried this but it did not work.

I want the format for the headers to be the same as that in the input file. 

I have clicked preserve formatting in the output options and also included the range in which my headers exist but it still did not seem to work.

Any idea why it did not?

Thanks in advance!

Hamza199
7 - Meteor

Apologies, ignore my comment above.

I did not realize that in order to preserve formatting, you must name the output file the same as what is the input file i.e Completely overwrite the data in the tab of interest.

It has now worked. 

Thank you!

Labels