Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sharepoint Output: only able to append

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

I am able to connect to my SharePoint site and tried 'Create list' but receive an error only stating 'Error in creating list.', no other details.

So I manually created a list on the site, made sure the data types were the same and after connecting to it in Alteryx  I am only able to use the Append option.  I get the error messages below for the other options.

Overwrite:
Error: SharePoint Output (21): Request forbidden -- authorization will not help.

Update:
Primary column: [jobID]

Error: SharePoint Output (21): Bad request syntax or unsupported method.

Upsert:
Primary column: [jobID]

Error: SharePoint Output (21): Bad request syntax or unsupported method.

I would like to be able to create the list and then update or upsert the jobID if any fields change AND add new rows if they are new jobIDs.

6 REPLIES 6
BonusCup
10 - Fireball

Sorry, had to bump back up.

craigja
8 - Asteroid

you ever get this resolved?  I have the exact same issue when trying to overwrite a list

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

@craigja, unfortunately, no.  I ended up writing to a table and then use Power Automate to update the SP List when there is an item created or modified in the table.

danespoors
8 - Asteroid

Did you manage to get this sorted? I'm looking at the same issue right now. I need the tool to overwrite the sharepoint list with fresh data every day and I am stuck

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

@danespoors I'm still working through it.  I'd much rather Alteryx handle it all but the workaround is still using Power Automate.

slcorey
6 - Meteoroid

We all know how difficult it is to truncate and reload.  Quantum computing can't solve it, how could we expect Microsoft to do so?  This Sharepoint tool has more problems than its worth

Labels