Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sharepoint Macro- Filtering Data

geeksqaud
8 - Asteroid

Happy New Year!!

I am currently using a SharePoint list as the data source for my workflow and have noticed that it takes a significant amount of time to retrieve the data, approximately 50 minutes. This is because the list contains around 80,000 records and holds data from the past two years.

I am wondering if there is a way to restrict the data that is retrieved from the list, similar to using a WHERE clause in SQL, in order to improve performance.

Is it possible to specify a filtering condition that will limit the amount of data being retrieved from the list?

2 REPLIES 2
geeksqaud
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR  Any thoughts?

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @geeksqaud 

One possible way (and the only one that i know about using the sharepoint list tool) of dealing with this is by creating a sharepoint view based on your sharepoint list :Create, change, or delete a view of a list or library - Microsoft Support

When you create a sharepoint view, you are able to set a filters to show only specific records of your sharepoint list. Like this one that was set to filter rows from the list that were created on the last 7 days:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1673111863703.png

After creating the view, you will be able to select it on your sharepoint input tool:

Felipe_Ribeir0_2-1673110317535.png

So, with a smart filter for your view and a scheduled workflow considering this filter, it is possible to handle this problem.

Labels