Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Setting up condition: If today's date > date in a column, return "Overdue", else "Open"

alteryxlim
7 - Meteor

Guys, this is a simple problem of IF...ELSE...but don't know how to set this up. 

I have an Excel file with multiple columns, as usual. One of the columns has "Action due date". I want to create an additional column in Alteryx whereby anything that has action due dates that are past today's date (today = whenever I open Alteryx), it will return a value of "Overdue" against that row of data, and anything that is not past today's date will have "Open". 

How do I set this up? I am trying to set this up using Formula but it doesn't have to be using the Formula tool if there are better ways. 

5 REPLIES 5
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

You could probably use something like IF DATETIMENOW() > [ACTION DUE DATE] THEN 'Overdue' ELSE 'Open' ENDIF. You will just have to make sure the Action Due Date column is a date datatype.

Hope this helps! 🌯

alteryxlim
7 - Meteor

Yep this works. How can I add another IF condition? In Excel it would be IF and AND functions.

alteryxlim
7 - Meteor

IF (DATETIMENOW() > [Target Completion Date] AND [Adequate] = "Yes") THEN 'Overdue' ELSE 'Open' ENDIF

Alteryx doesn't like the "=" (equal sign)

I want to create that new column where it requires the dates in the [Target Completion Date] column to be in the past (first condition) and where the [Adequate] column has entries that say "Yes" (the second condition).  

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@alteryxlim 
Your above formula should just work fine. Maybe your "Adequate" is not String type data?

0219-alteryxlim.PNG

alteryxlim
7 - Meteor

Thanks Qiu! What a simple error. 

Labels